The interview isn’t just an opportunity for the employer to ask questions, but also an opportunity for you to interview the company. Asking the hiring team questions is the only way for you to figure out if the job and company will be a good fit for you. This means you need to come prepared with questions to ask. Before the interview, start thinking of what you want to know about the company and position. This will help you start thinking of questions to ask.
If you are unsure what questions to ask in an interview, then this article is for you. These questions should inspire you to create your own because every company and job is different.
Here are 20 sample questions to ask in an interview:
- What does a typical day look like in this position?
- What are the top 3 skills needed for this position?
- Is this a new position that has been created?
- What are example projects I could be working on?
- What challenges could I face in this position?
- How soon is the company looking to hire someone?
- Is there training for this position?
- What does the training process look like?
- Who would I report to?
- Who would I work closely with?
- What is the company culture like?
- What’s different about working here than any other company?
- Are there opportunities to advance in this company?
- What is your favorite part about working at this company?
- What gets you excited about the company’s future?
- Is the company planning on growing?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
- Is there anything else I can provide you with that would be helpful?
- Do you have any final questions?
- When can I expect to hear from someone about the position?
Written by: Amber DiCarlo, Marketing Intern